General Terms and Conditions
You are requested to read the present General Terms and Conditions carefully in which Diamond Congress Kft. informs all applicants registering for the Conference (hereafter: Participant) about the general terms and conditions of the contract concluded between the two parties.
In case your employer or other third person is liable for covering your expenses and fees, please make sure that this person is fully aware of the details of this GTC (especially cancellation, indemnification and termination contractual matters).
By clicking on the “I have perused, understood and accept the general terms and conditions” button, participant states that she/he accepts the contractual conditions below.
We draw the attention to clauses 9-12, which include limited liability (derogating from laws in effect, but are professional rules conform). Please, accept the GTC only in case you may accept these conditions as well.
EXIST OF CONTRACT
- The contract between Diamond Congress Kft. and the Participant enters into force on voluntary registration of the Participant and her/his acceptance of the General Terms and Conditions and the contract is considered as an electronic written contract. The registration system sends a confirmation enlisting the essential conditions of the written contract to the e-mail address provided by the Participant. The confirmation is recorded and stored. No other archiving will be undertaken. The language of the contract is Hungarian in case of Hungarian participants and English in case of foreign participants.
- As per the contract concluded between Diamond Congress Kft. and the Participant, Diamond Congress Kft. delivers the services related to the conference to the Participant, ordered by the Participant and the Participant undertakes to pay the participation fee to Diamond Congress Kft. The content of the services delivered and their consideration is announced on the website of the conference, in a form of a direct e-mail sent to the Participant or on premises of the conference.
- The content of services of the individual conferences, delivered by Diamond Congress Kft., is detailed on the website of the corresponding conference. From these services the Participants may voluntarily choose the ones they need during the online registration. The website of the conference contains also the conditions of cancellation; you are requested to read them carefully. Let us call your attention to the fact that the services ordered through the online registration system, their consideration as well as the most important conditions found on the website of the conference (e.g., conditions of cancellation), further, the order placed by the Participant and its confirmation all make part of the present General Terms and Conditions and are thus also part of the electronic contract. Let us further warn you that conditions for termination (cancellation) may vary from the generally accepted practice.
- Diamond Congress Kft. makes use of subcontractors for delivering its services. Its services may include intermediary services. Intermediary services are shown on the final invoice.
FULFILLMENT OF PAYMENT
- Payment can be effected through the Internet, through SIX Payment Service’s official proprietary system or in SIX Payment Services official, own-operated system, or if the card is not suitable for online payment, by sharing the card number in any other way (so called mail order). Wire transfer or eventual payment in cash or by bank card on premises of the conference in person is also possible. After clicking on the package of services, the registration system generates a pro forma invoice on basis of which payment can be effected. Items to be paid are included in the pro forma invoice. Once paid, Diamond Congress Kft. will issue an invoice (in some cases prepayment invoice) to the Participant that is considered a document subject to strict accounting. In case of prepayment invoice the final invoice of the Participant is handed over during the conference, unless Participant orders it otherwise. Such final invoice shall always include the measure of intermediary services used.
CONDITIONS OF RESCIND, TERMINATION, CANCELLATION, FORCE MAJEURE
- The participant is entitled to cancel or terminate the contract as per the cancellation/termination clauses featuring on the website of the corresponding conference.
- After the cancellation deadline the Participant is not entitled for reimbursement of the already paid fees, and she/he is obliged to pay the fees which are not settled to date, unless Diamond Congress Kft. has not delivered the services for deadline agreed in the contract and could not offer an excuse or denied or failed to fulfil warranty obligation without based reasoning or breaches the contract in other way.
- The Participant who is regarded by Law as Consumer asks, consents and entitles Diamond Congress Kft. by submitting her/his registration to begin the fulfilment before the cancellation, rescind deadline of the consumer ensured in the Government order Nr 45 from Year 2014. Diamond Congress Kft. informs the Participant that it begins the fulfilment immediately right upon receipt of the registration. The Participant acknowledges and consents that with the entire fulfilment of the services she/he loses her/his 14 day rescinding right ensured in the 20th § of Governmental Law.
- We draw the attention of our Participants that in case of Force majeure events (i.e. circumstances that lay beyond the control of Diamond Congress Kft. e.g.: natural catastrophes, governmental orders; other publicly known events that hinder the conference) the date or place or content of services may be amended. In this case Diamond Congress Kft. reimburses the fee only in case the cancellation deadline is not over, in all other cases the fee will be rebooked to the new date. After the cancellation deadline the participation fee will not be reimbursed, not even in the case if the new date is not suitable for the participant and she/he is not able to attend the conference.
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
- The contract concluded between Diamond Congress Kft. and the Participant as per the above is concluded for a definite period of time, up to the date of delivering the service/consideration specified in the present contract (end of the conference). Contracting parties may amend the contract by mutual consent in writing (e-mail and its confirmation) at any time.
- Diamond Congress Kft. may terminate the contract if the Participant does not fulfil her/his contractual obligations even after notice and setting of a supplementing deadline or if she/he seriously breaches an essential condition of the contract.
RECORDING OF PICTURE AND SOUND
FAILURE IN DELIVERY, INDEMNIFICATION
- Cases of faulty service delivery are otherwise governed by precepts of the Civil Code of Hungary with special respect to the fact thatDiamond Congress Kft. is primarily obliged to correct delivery. The Participant is obliged to report such fault immediately to Diamond Congress Kft., supporting her/his statement. In case immediate report is not possible, the Participant is obliged to report the failure as soon as it is reasoned by circumstances.
- Diamond Congress Kft. will only assume liability for damages occurring due to causes attributable to it and proven, and the maximum amount of compensation shall be the participation fee of the particular participant of the given conference.
- Matters not regulated in individual contracts between parties shall be governed by the present General Terms and Conditions.
Diamond Congress Kft. did not subject itself to any code of conduct. Diamond Congress Kft. informs Participants that in processes running in front of mediator bodies it cooperates and accepts the decisions as proposals.
Participants may submit complaint to the following bodies
Budapesti Békéltető Testület
address: 1016 Budapest, Krisztina krt. 99.
phone: +36 1 488 2131
fax: +36 1 488 2186
Budapest Főváros Kormányhivatala
Műszaki, Engedélyezési és Fogyasztóvédelmi Főosztály, Fogyasztóvédelmi Osztály
address: 1052 Budapest, Városház u. 7.
mailing: 1364 Budapest, Pf.: 144.
phone: +36 1 450 2598
According to the European order about consumer disputes online resolution the consumer is entitled for alternative online dispute resolution forum, about which you may be informed at
Matters not regulated in the present contract shall be governed by Hungarian law, primarily by the Civil Code and other Hungarian legal regulations in effect. In case of a legal dispute, the case shall be heard by the Hungarian court having jurisdiction and competence on basis of the general rules of the Code of Civil Procedure.
Dated in Budapest, on the 13th of May 2020
Data of Diamond Congress Kft.: